Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VBA access recordset export to excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazbc

Technical User
Jun 28, 2006
IE
Does anyone know how i fill the results of recordsets in access and export them into excel... i know its very hazy but gotta start somewhere. Would be grateful for any help

You may wish to review Access VBA help for the TransferSpreadsheet Method and OutputTo Method, both of which let you export named queries to Excel.

It may be appropriate to save queries and use one of these methods to export the queries rather than trying to export recordsets.

well currently i have comboboxes which give selections and the recordset fills the next combobox from the previous combobox - comboboxes (month, year, department and employee) and when a button is clicked it fills a textbox with the total vat (for a mobile phone billing system) but what i want to do is when i click the button, instead, i want the values selected from the comboboxes to be exported into excel... is it possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back