Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB6 StatusBar Win7/Win10 conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrzejek

Programmer
Jan 10, 2006
US
I have an application written in VB6 on Win 7 computer. On my Form I use a StatusBar from Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0 (SP2) (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\COMCTL32.OCX)

When I copy my app to Win 10 computer, VB6 displays a message:
“App.Path\comctl32.Ocx' could not be loaded--Continue Loading Project?”
error, and if I continue loading - my StatusBar gets replaced by PictureBox control and I get the log file with “Class ComctlLib.StatusBar of control StatusBar1 was not a loaded control class.”

I can delete my StatusBar (which is now a PictureBox), add component Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0 (SP2) (it wasn't selected like it was never used in this Project), place a StatusBar on my Form and all code works like a dream.

I’ve compared my Projects’ VBP files and the only difference I see is:
[pre]Win 10
Object={6B7E6392-850A-101B-AFC0-4210102A8DA7}#1.[highlight #FCE94F]4[/highlight]#0; COMCTL32.OCX
Win 7
Object={6B7E6392-850A-101B-AFC0-4210102A8DA7}#1.[highlight #FCE94F]3[/highlight]#0; comctl32.Ocx[/pre]

I’ve also looked at the difference between the two OCX files from Win7 and Win10 and looks like Win7 ocx (11/1/2012) is a lot newer than Win10 (3/9/2004)
OCX_zfbewl.png

Any idea of what’s going on?
Why VB6 project copied from Win7 to Win10 looses StatusBar and ignores Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0 (SP2) [ponder]

PS. One StatusBar on one Form is not a problem to fix/replace, but I have many more Forms and StatusBars all over the app.

EDIT:
After copying VB6 app from Win7 to Win10, I changed in VBP file #1.[blue]4[/blue]# to #1.[blue]3[/blue]# and StatusBar worked just fine. Then, what is this #1.3# ?
VBA with #1.3# works OK in both: Win7 and Win10

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back