Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vb6 software launch gets run-time error 6 overflow on new machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennycad

Technical User
Jan 26, 2005
AU
Hi,

I have just completed work on a VB6 program that i now wish to distribute amoung other users in my office. The program works fine on my machine which has visual studio installed, however when i install it on other machines i get the error "run-time error 6 overflow" when attempting to launch the software.

I have used the package and deployment wizard which appears to package all necessary DLL's that would be required.

Can anyone tell me how i can solve this issue? If it is an issue with some of the code how would i identify which piece of code is responsible? Why does it work on my PC and not others?

Very frustrating as i have spent alot of time developing this software and it would be very useful to others.

Thanks in advance

Ken

how would i identify which piece of code is responsible
If you implement error handling that logs the procedure where the error happened along with the error and error number (even the line of the error if you want using Erl) that will tell you where it occured.

Hope this helps

HarleyQuinn
---------------------------------
Carter, hand me my thinking grenades!

You can hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around, or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters. - Eric Cartman

Get the most out of Tek-Tips, read FAQ222-2244: How to get the best answers before posting.

Thanks for your help, identified the section of code and removed. Program works well now on all machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back