Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB6 screen to Cr 8, passing parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

netusepk

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2001
US
Hi,
Can someone help me with info on passing a parameter to CR8 which runs on a parameter and also I have couple of fields on screen that needs to be included in the report which as to be printed. An suggestion on tackling this situation.
thanks
Jack

Which method are you using to integrate the report into the application. (like what code lauhcnes the report) Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

ken,
Thanks for responding, I need some initial info as I read in the help about Crystal Report control which can be used for this kind of work, but when I checked for the Components in VB app can pull only CR Viewer or CR ActiveX component, Can you suggest which or these has to be used.
Thanks
Jack

There are four different integration methods with varying levels of control and complexity. Helping you decide which to use is more than I can cover in a TT Post. There is documentation at Crystal's website, and several third party reference books / documents that you can buy (including my own) that give you all of the basics.

You can also try reading / posting questions in the Crystal Integration forum, which are more geared to applications. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back