Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB6 Package & Deployment Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingers

Programmer
Nov 17, 2000
I have written a new VB6 application and am having a problem getting it installed on another machine. I used the P&D Wizard to create the setup files and no errors occured. However, when I try to install on other machines, (typically WinXP) I get an error that some system files are out of date and setup cannot continue. It gives no clue about what is out of date. The error dialog indicates that I can have the setup program update the out of date file(s) but when I try that, I am instructed to reboot and then nothing happens. Trying to re-run setup results exactly the same as above.

Does anyone have any idea how/where I can start to find out what's wrong and how to fix? I never encountered this on any of the other applications I did in the past (several years ago) and am really baffled.

Thank you in advance for any ideas you may have!

Bud

Do a forum search (Search button below thread number) on 'INNO' and you will find a number of answers

For tsunami relief donations

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

for steam enthusiasts

Does anyone know what the cause of this problem is? I've experienced it also and have come up empty on a solution. I'm now using the INNO setup program but have to use the VDP under certain circumstances.

Jim Schuuz
{ F1 = my.friend
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back