Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB6 data form wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAH

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2000
GB
I have used the data form Wizard to create three separate data input forms for three departments that have to enter their relative data to a central database.
I have attempted to substitute the DT Picker instead of the text box but I get a data item not bound error when I run the program any Ideas??
also instead of 3 forms I would like to have one form with three tabs with the data entry sheets on to each tabs?

Paul H

Hi

I take it one of the fields is date/time format hence the need fot DT Picker. You have to ways to solve that problem.

The first is to set the DTPicker's datasource to the same as your other textboxes.
Then set the datafield to the appropriate date/time field in your database. (This is probably the easiest method)

The second method would be to link the DT Picker manually. Another thing to remember is that the Wizard is not necessarily the best way to do things. I would suggest you look at some time into doing all this via your own code & not wizard generated code. ;-)

As for your second question,

Add a new form to your project.
Add the tabbed dialog control to the form (resize etc)
It's default is three tabs so you don't need to change anything there.
Make the first tab the active tab.
Switch to your first form. Select all the controls (Edit-> Select All) & Cut the controls (Edit->Cut)
Move to the newly added form and paste the controls on the active tab.
Move to the next tab and repeat those steps with the remaining two forms.

Have fun
caf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back