Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB6 CR9 tmp file PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdong

Programmer
Mar 12, 2004
CA
I am using Activex to create CR9 using VB6 however whenever the user run it it create hundreds of .tmp files all over C:\ and I have to remove them manually. Is there a way to fix this ?

Tdong,
Have you been able to find an answer? I'm very interested as well, it happens to me with CR 8.5

pepito609

Nope not at all the only solution for now is create Crystal Report seperately and do a call to the file in VB6. The convenient of this method is if we update something to the CR there is no need to compile the program. But I always embeded in VB code since we dont change the report at all. This is where all the tmp file come in :(((((((((((

temp files and crystal reports has been an issue for me in the past. I don't know what I did to correct the situation. But I think that there is some information on the business objects website that you can search for. I believe that is where I found the solution to the problem I was experiencing.

It may have come down to a file permission issue. I think my users had permission to create a file but not to delete it... I don't know though.

Found this one on the site change the tmp as they show me. There are less Tmp file now but everytime click on the report it will still create one Tmp file on C:\ still can't eliminate them all but less now

Hi bjd4jc this is running locally on my computer and I am using admin account. Does your had any Tmp file created in C:\ at all ?

Yes... I don't know if I ever got this solved or not. It's been over a year ago and I don't work with it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back