Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB6 caused an illegal operation 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSTEMPEL

MIS
Nov 10, 2000
US
Hi guys,
my VB all of a sudden (after closing) gives me a message:
VB6
This program has performed an illegai operation ... etc.

And after I press "Close":
VB6 caused an invalid page fault... etc.

I reinstalled V. Studio 6 (Service Pack 4) several times but no help.
What I have to do ??

I think this is normal behaviour, that is if it doesn't do it all the time. Look at the bit after the text in the crash and have a skeg around Microsoft. They may well come up with a reasonable explanation and fix.

petermeachem was correct in saying that this is normal behavior. Windows apps do, on occasion, just drop dead. The main thing is that it doesn't happen all of the time. If it is happening all of the time, let us know and I will post a few steps that you can go through to fix it. Otherwise, just reboot and you should be fine. - Jeff Marler B-)

Hi jmarler,
I worked more than a year without any problems with my VStudio6, and it happend all of a sudden and I have this message evry time I close VB. I uninstalled VS6 and installed only VB but result is the same.
Thank you

If you use OLE to "run" Office or other applications, wierd stuff happens when you do not "clean up" objects propery and Quit applications? A thought 'cause I done it 'til I learnt better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back