Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vb6 activeX control on network 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhavna13

Programmer
Dec 16, 2004
ZA
Hi,

I've been having this problem for a while now maybe you guys can help?

I am using a MS ado datacontrol in vb6 to create my connection to an access2003 database. I then use a datacombo box that binds to this control in order to get the values that populates this list from the database. This all works fine on my machine where i created and compiled the program. I have included the relevent ocx files into my project. This entire project resides on a network drive. When i try to run the exe from any other workstation on the network the combo boxes simply dont populate. But it works when i run the exe from my workstation. I have tested the connection to the database and it was successful.

Can anyone help me solve this? I realy need to get this working off the network.

Thanks.

Bhavna.

I suspect that you haven't included all the dependent files in your deployment package. If you were to install VB6 on one of the other machines, and then install your package, you would probably find that it works. This would be because VB6 installs a dll that you need to run your program, that isn't on one of the other machines. If you haven't already, you might try using the Package and Deployment Wizard to package your program, and distribute the result. While it isn't perfect, the P&D Wizard does do a pretty good job of identifying dependencies that your program has.

HTH

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back