Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB5: Pretend to be a screensaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmigit

Programmer
Aug 3, 2001
US
I run Windows XP and I'm trying to make a program that ignores Ctrl+Alt+Delete.. I've found examples on how to do this all over the web... All pretty much the same, but none work. They're supposed to disable CAD and Alt+Tab and all the like, but they don't block anyting.

I've used various copies of various examples and they don't work.. I think SP2 may have changed something in this regard..

Has anyone tried this on XP? Anyone know for a fact that it works? What's going wrong here?

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

Did you not read any of the responses to your previous thread222-1097534?

You can not do this with windows XP. You have never been able to do this on any NT based machine. (Alt-Tab is another story).

In able to elminate CAD you must write your own GINA, which as pointed out in the other thread, VB CAN NOT DO!!!

Yes, I did read them... but it said Windows NT-based and yet many many sites said that this or that solution worked in Windows XP..

Thanks for clearing it up.

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back