Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB5 form 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bslamer

Programmer
Dec 10, 1998
US
Is there any way to make a form in VB5 longer then 1 screen page? I want to create a form for the college I work for but I can only make the form 1 screen page not 8.5 x 11 paper size. I have to open another form to finish the form I'm designing and then printing it takes 2 pieces of paper instead of getting it all on one.<br>
Thanks in advance,<br>
Bill<br>
bslamer@dreamsoft.com

<br>
bslamer,<br>
<br>
Sure, and it is really pretty easy. Put a picture box (or any container control) on your form. Specify the form to the size you want (which can be significantly larger than the screen size), then set the container control to the form size minus the size(s) of any scroll bar(s). Place all other controls on the container control, adjusting the Top/Left of the container control at design-time to get your placement correct. Then use the scrollbar controls to position the container as needed, either by manipulation of the scroll bar, or by direct (e.g., response to a TAB keystroke) control at run-time.<br>
<br>

Thanks a lot for the info, I try it when I get home tonight.<br>
Thanks again,<br>
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back