Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB5/6 ActiveX EXE Equivalent in VB.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobBooker

Programmer
Dec 20, 2000
I have written a few ActiveX EXE components in VB6 and I am looking for the VB.NET equivalent.

I went to the MS website and they tell me it is a class library in .NET. So I created a class library but can only see the option for DLL (no EXE option). Please can somebody point me in the right direction?

Also I will need to see the components GUID listed in the registry so that I can put another GUID in it's implemented categories (then I can see it as a reference in a CRM package that I have).
I have been told that .NET doesn't use the GUID, but it can still be generated and seen in the registry, but they didn't know how?

Many thanks in advance
Bob

Just use a standard vbForm app and use it like you would have used a com component.

Reference it and call it's methods (even easier than com) when you get used to it. You will need to do a search of the file if it isn't strongly typed and registered with your .Net assemblies.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back