Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB5.0 and Win/Office 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBAchick

Programmer
Apr 27, 2000
I have Visual Basic 5.0, will it still run under Windows 2000?

I couldn't say definitively, but, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. If you have the disk, all you should have to do is plop it in and go. Let me know if you have any problems, but, I'd be surprised. Access, Word, Excel, and other Microsoft products allow you to use VB Script or VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), which are just supersets of the Visual Basic language, so, it just wouldn't make any sense to me if VB5 wouldn't run on 2000. I say go for it. [sig][/sig]

I couldn't say definitively, but, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. If you have the disk, all you should have to do is plop it in and go. Let me know if you have any problems, but, I'd be surprised. Access, Word, Excel, and other Microsoft products allow you to use VB Script or VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), which are just supersets of the Visual Basic language, so, it just wouldn't make any sense to me if VB5 wouldn't run on 2000. I say go for it.

Dan [sig][/sig]

Yes it will work however you might need to update some components on the systems you run your applications on. An example is if you develop an application that you release to customers etc who runs windows 98 (or 95) you will have to get them to update there windows with decom 98 (or 95) and the MDAC2.5 objects for data access etc. These are avaliable from Microsoft site for free download. [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back