Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB with Macros - Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

php3390

Technical User
Feb 5, 2005
SA
Hello everybody,

I'm not so much familiar with VB functions but I used to create some helpful scripts that helps me doing my daily work with more efficiency. The question is, I was having Office 2000 and I was creating scripts/macros on excel sheets! to describe a cell I use the following function : sheet1.cells(row1,column1) but when I come to use Office 2003 the same function did not work with me because when I type "sheet1."I can't get the drop down list of all functions that works along with the sheet1.

hope I was clear enough to explain my problem :)

Thanks in advance.

Me.

php3390,

I would suggest use Range instead of cells. Make sure you declared your macros Public if you want them call outside the module it belongs to.

vladk

php3390,

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but the way I'm reading it is this.

You're trying to use older examples of some macros and now they don't work because you can't pull the drop down list of "Sheet1".

I had a simular problem adding a vb script to someone else excel because they didn't call/name/save their page as "sheet1". When I looked at the botton tab of the sheet that I was playing with they called it "cells" so I replaced sheet1 with cells in my code and it worked.

Maybe we have 2 different problems????

Please all read faq222-2244 - This is the VB6 forum.

Excel questions (and answers) are better kept in forum707

Hi,

Thank you all.. eventhough my problem still exists. I will try to look at this in the excel forum.

Regards,
Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back