Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB + Webprograming??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempstf

Programmer
Feb 18, 2004
CA
I want to make a little program for fun and am wondering how I should go about doing it. Basically I want to know if I can do it in VB or if I should look into another language.

My program will receive an html file from a server. Search through that file and send back an html request to the server depending on what it found on the page.

So I need to know how to recieve and send information to a server from a vb program. Any information you can give me on how to do this or where to look/look for would be well apreciated. Thanks.

If you simply want to read the HTML file, you can use the INET control, and ask it to retrieve the source from a website, giving it the website address as a paramater.

If you want to send the server data, in the web address, you can also do this by placing the parameters in the web address eg
There are a few other threads her ecovering the INET control, otherwise search google for INET VB and you should find what you need.

BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back