Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoms314159

Technical User
Apr 8, 2003
CA
I need help! By training I'm a C++ programmer but I need to write a string parser in VBA for an access database. Anyway, I need be able to "walk along" the string and be able to treat it like an array and manipulate it. I know that there aren't any pointers in VB so I'm completely lost and I can't find the info that I'm looking for anywhere. Any functions, objects, classes, etc. that any of you know of that could help me out here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

go to online help in Access, and do a search for the mid function. This will also direct you to examples, as well as other related functions ("See Also" hyperlinks). This should get you started and up to speed pretty quickly.
Steve Lewy
Solutions Developer
steve@lewycomputing.com.au
(dont cut corners or you'll go round in circles)

Thanks. That did the trick, although I still much prefer C-style strings. No offence to the hardcore VB coders out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back