Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB Program To Send Email Using MAPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulM4t3

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2002
GB
Hi,
I have no experience in VB, but I need help to find something possibly written in VB.

My office network uses Exchange server for emails. I am doing an intranet webpage using Apache and PHP on a Windows 2000 Pro and I need a way to send out emails to a mailing list.

However, the Exchange server will not accept SMTP connection and I was told by the administrator that since its only a personal project, I would need to find an external program, eg. VB, that will accept email addresses and the messages, then connect to the Exchange server using MAPI which will then send out the emails.

I would have use an external SMTP service, but the network firewall will block every port unless it goes through the proxy, so I have no other choices left.

I hope I have explain it well, seeing that I have never had any Windows program experience. Any help is appreciated.

There is a program called sendmail.exe that you should be able to easily call via PHP. Found a PHP reference for it at You'll have to find the sendmail.exe file.

Also, if Outlook/Exchange client is installed on the web server you could use this script:
HtH,

Rob

-Focus on the solution to the problem, not the obstacles in the way.-

I just ran accross a VB app that comes with VB6 called VBmail. It connects to my outlook exchange server without problem. Except that outlooks asks if this is a virus and only gives it a max of 15 minutes access before it asks again. If you've found this do you know how to give a vb app full access to outlook without this interruption.

Thanks

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back