Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vb.net to Excel data coming from a web service

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbodger

Programmer
Apr 23, 2007
US
I have inherited a system with no documentation and I cannot open the webservice project to try to pick it apart. So, my users (internal, but the web server is in the DMZ and has no access to our SQL Server except thru this mysterious web service) would like to have a button to export the data to an Excel spreadsheet. I have looked all over teh place and come up with a few options, none of which could I get to work. What I do have is the data is getting placed into a Repeater

Code:
Repeater1.DataSource = cl.GetFabricStatus(sql, Session("UserName"), Session("Password")).Tables("GetFabricStatus")
Repeater1.DataBind()

and then before that what I know of the WebService is

Code:
Dim cl As New com.kt.[URL unfurl="true"]www.OnLineStatusWebservice()[/URL]

So, what can I do to simply get the data from this Repeater into an Excel file? I supposed I should preface this with I am coming from a Classic ASP background, I am figuring out C# and have to support this vb.net code until I can completely replace it, so in the meantime...

Help?

Thanks,
Willie

I ended up re-writing in C# and not using the web service. Thanks for the input!

Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back