Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vb.NET migrated from 03 to 05 System cannot find path specified error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara05

Programmer
Apr 13, 2007
US
Hello, I have upgraded VS 2003 to 2005 and have installed MS.NET framework 2.0 in the machine. And I have the file in c:\inetpub\ and when I deploy this in one remote server it works file : the file is in E:\WebApps and when i try to deploy in different production remote server. I get this error message:

Server Error in '/NycWebService' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Do you know why am I geting this message when I have same settings as far as .net framework 2.0. I also downloaded framework 2.0 sdk in the machine. I have already gone to IIS DefaultWebSite: right click on the project and have setted this to 2.0 asp.net. Why Am i gettting this error? I dont understand? Please HELP!!! THANK YOU

Some where in the NycWebService application you're specifying a path to a resource that isn't there. Look through the stack trace that was displayed to find out where to look for the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back