Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vb form appears differently compiled than when being developed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiat2

Programmer
Nov 26, 2002
US
When the .dll is being developed in Visual Studio, a vb form from that .dll appears one way, (textbox size, label placement, etc.) than when compiled and hosted in an application.

Any suggestions as to what may cause this?

I should have been more informative...this question was poised to me by a colleague of mine..seriously.

Well, then to speak in generalities, the first thing that comes to mind is that the application was developed such that the placement and size of objects are relative to the size of the form, and therefore, the screen resolution of the client. There are several things which could affect this.

For example, if you have a Cancel button anchored to the bottom right of your form, then if the form becomes smaller, it could crowd up into other controls.

I greatly appreciate the information you have provided considering my lack of information that I can provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back