Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB Email Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGP

Programmer
Sep 11, 2001
GB
I am trying to build an application that has the ability to send simple text based emails. (It does'nt need the ability to receive emails or send attachments)

What would be my best option to do so, bearing in mind that I am looking to distribute my application and do not know what email engine if any could be installed on the end users pc.
I have heard it may be possible to send email without using a smtp server, is this true?

Any advice/links to helpful information would very much be appreciated. many thanks.

We have done alot of this type of thing, I have found BY FAR that easiest solution is to just go to VB Extras and buy a component to do it for you ;-)

-recurse

I have downloaded a very nice DLL that will solve all your problems (if I didn't misunderstand). try and search Vbsendmail. You will get all the sources to do what you want, even to send attachments.

Peep

Hi,

Use the MAPI controls.
Every system has a mail agent.
With MAPI (Session and Messages controls) You can even build Your own mail program interface.
Check out the help.
For exemples:
tiborpalko@hotmail.com

many thanks for all the help. In response to the last reply regarding using the mapi control. Does this only work if the account information for the email agent has been set?

Hi,

I hope You can use the info that I've sended! :)))

Tibi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back