Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vb Dataenvironment and crystal reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcseys

Programmer
Dec 6, 1999
GB
Hi,

I'm working on an application with an embedded report but the data is stored on several databases. Each person has his own database with simular data. I have already build a solution to change from database and this works fine. Used the dataenvironment and changed the connection string.However I can NOT create reports with the internal datareport object. This object does not give me enough functionality. Someone told me to use crystal reports but I can only connect to one database (all MS-Access 97 databases), the one I made the design with.
Does anybody have some ideas on this?

rgds
Marc

Marc_Seys@oilpackers.com

Marc,

I'm sure I read in the crystal help that you can set the database at run-time -- could you post a code fragment?

Hi,

I've heard in the past from my collegues that changing is only possible when using MS-SQL

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back