Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB DAO XP JET 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

earljgray

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2002
US
We have a legacy app (VB4/32) which is VERY DB dependent (DAU JET 3.0).

One of the clients is updating hardware/software and introducing XP into their shop. They have successfully installed the app on 98/nt/2000 over the years.

The installation on the XP test machine went OK - however the first 'call' to open a database results in an 'OUT OF MEMORY' error...

I attempted an install on a 'clean' XP machine and am receiving the same results.

The registry indicates that all the requisite entries are in place; the MS Common Files area contains the DLLs; and the System32 folder also contains the appropriate dlls.

One of the suite of programs that is installed with the 'key' apps makes no db calls - it pops up perfectly fine, does what it's supposed to do, then quietly goes away when requested to do so.... so I know the VB side is OK - it's the call to the database that sends everything south...

(BTW - Full admin access is ON)

I did a TRACE using TracePlus and found the registries WERE being read but the expected final call to the 3.0 engine fails....

Any suggestions? Any other info needed to provide some insight???

Would truly appreciate it....

Crystal Reports Design/training/Consultation
ecsdata@ecsdata.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back