Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB Code replacement?? for SendObject (Email) in Access97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tfrank

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I have a data base that is a runtime version of Access 97 that is installed on many different types of machines, all have O/S from Windows 98SE to XP Pro. I have a form that easily allows the users to select email addresses and then send reports out all with the click of a button. In my code I am using the SendObject method of sending out the email. On many many machines the proccess works great, but I also have quite a few machines where Access locks up or provides error messsages. After doing quite a bit of research I have not found a solution that can be implemented within Access, it seems there are solutions for making Windows registry edits or unistalling and re-installing email software and or MS Office products, but all of these solutions are unacceptable.
Does anybody know of a different way to call up the email program from Access for a report attachment and not neccessary Outlook, or even 3rd party software solutions. Does Access XP solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Tfrank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back