Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxLearner

Programmer
Aug 29, 2002
US
Hi All
I am trying to take the MCP certification exam for VB 6.0. Can you please guide me to resources/links where I can get some good practice tests and if possible some material which can help me to do it fast?
Thanks and regards
FoxLearner

Try to get a hold on the transcender examns, these are usually the best test you can get (they are very close to what you will get on the actual examn.
Greetings,
Rick

Along with the Transcender exams, I got a book from New Riders, VB6 Exams 70-175 & 70-176. It seems to be very comprehensive. Between them, I am taking the VB6 (Desktop)exam at the end of this week. Then Distributed App's soon afterwards.

Jjonesal
What books did you use for it?
By the way are there any test dumps available on the net?

Thanks and regards
FoxLearner

Please tell us what you studied and whether it was relevant to the test you took?

I used Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Reference Library (3-book set), Self Test software's practice test, and MSDN.

I started with the practice test to identify weak areas on which I needed to focus my study. Then, I went through the practice test again in learning mode and dug in to the content of the explanations provided for each individual question. I made sure I understood why the correct answer was correct and why the incorrect answer was incorrect. The practice test provides references and I digested those thoroughly, reading through specific ones that I needed to brush up on. Each question involving code, I tested to be sure I understood the feature, property, or event described and exactly how it worked.

If I ran into a feature that I didn't understand, I researched it using the books or other means. Self Test Software provides a 24x7 mentor feature that allows you to ask questions and get answers from experts....great for things I didn't quite get. They also have integrated flash cards that I used to kinda quiz myself when I needed a brain break.

I'm sure there are test dumps out there, but that defeats the whole purpose...

Self Test Software's practice test was VERY representative of what I saw on the live exam!!!

jj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back