Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB and SQL Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

darling

Programmer
Oct 25, 2001
GB
Hi

I am undergoing a major project in Visual Basic 6. I am armed with a good knowledge of VB and ADO code but I have very little SQL experience.

My boss said he'd buy a book for me to help but I need to know if anyone has used a good one that they can recommend. I'm using VB6 and SQL server 7. I'm interested in cascading deletes, stored procedures and any good ADO database information. My VB code is quite good so I'd like one possibly more biased to SQL (ie. how to add/delete records which are related.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
N.

For the application side:
"ADO Examples and Best Practices" William R. Vaughn
ISBN: 1-893115-16-x

For the server side (stored procedures especially)

"The Guru's Guide to Tranact-SQL" Ken Henderson
ISBN: 0-201-61576-2 (This book focuses on SQL Server 7)

I do a lot of apps w/6.5 on the back- feel free to shoot me a note anytime.

ikthus@msn.com

Hope those are of help- Ron

I'd give another vote to "The Guru's Guide to Tranact-SQL"
We got copies for everyone on our team. I don't know if 7.0 comes with SQL Books Online. We're using 2000 and we have it. But it has a ton of information and lots of good examples for writing stored procs. I use the online books as a reference more than anything else. Posting questions to the forums here is also a great way to get help. I've always gotten good responses to questions here.

Shanti Miller

Guys

Thanks for that.

I'll get my boss' cheque book out and do some dhopping.

Ta
Nora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back