Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB and Lotus Notes- URL link and Return Receipt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratfry

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2001
US
I posted this in the VB section and have not meet with any sucess. As you will see I have solved the RETURN RECEIPT issue but am struggling on the embedded URL link. Found some atricles on linking to other docs but nothing to web sites, or at least nothing I can relate them to my issue.

Of course any help or directin clues will be greatly appreciated.

ORIGINAL POST

I have my VB 6 accessing our Oracle database and a filemaker database and creating emails via Lotus Notes to our customers concerning product shipment. All of this is working great.

I still have a couple improvements that I can’t seem to find a lot of information about.

#1- I want to stop the RETURN RECEIPT in the Lotus Notes.
***** SOLVED use in the WITH line .ReturnReceipt = "0"

#2- I want to make the tracking numbers clickable to UPS and/or Fedex. Like the big boys do. Click on the number and zap your there.

Anyone know the “secret” properties to accomplish this? Also does anyone have a good link to understand what all the available options for my VB connection to Lotus Notes are. I miss the old reference manuals.

Thanks in advance. Gary

What version of Notes are you using? In your email, you want to display a html link to UPS/Fedex directly from the email?

-If you are not using ND6 it is more difficult to write html emails and therfore links to UPS.

-If I remember correctly, to be able to provide a direct link to UPS (and probably Fedex also) you may need to register with them and receive a dll file in order to bypass the section where the user agrees to the "Terms and Conditions." I remember having to do this with USPS and possibly UPS also.

Opps I got this post in the wrong forun. I meant it to go in the NOtes forum. If anybody knows how to change it, go right ahead.

Notes Version 5

I am having some success today, I don’t know why cause it’s the same code I was using Friday and I don’t remember it working. Test code as follows creates a link and does access the tracking code when I click on it. At least in a Lotus Notes client.

Sample partial code, TrackingNumber

Set LinkME = MailDoc.CreateRichTextItem("Body")
Call LinkME.AppendText(BodyOut + "Test for clickable links below this")
Call LinkME.AddNewLine(1)
Dim testlink As String

testlink = " & TrackingNumber(1)

Call LinkME.AppendText(testlink)

It would be nice just to display the tracking number as the link. I will continue on that with my searches.

I will also check the dlls for Fedex and UPS. Sounds like a better solution.

Thanks Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back