Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VB And CCMail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonR2

Programmer
Aug 28, 2002
GB
How do i send and receive emails using VB and CCMail?

Is there a VIM.DLL API? and are there any info available?

Thanks

Don't think you'll manage to get hold of the VIM developers kit these days...Never really messed with that I'm afraid.

Your best bet may be to utilise the cc:Mail import and export commands. These are command line utilities which come with cc:Mail which can send and receive mail to/from the command line.

If you're getting in to doing this, try the Inside cc:Mail manual from Johnson Consulting - an excellent cc:Mail reference. (see elsewhere in this forum for details).

I've been trying to sort this one out myself. I don't know if it will work for you. We've got Outlook installed on our PCs, but use ccmail as the company mail system. If you set up your mail profile through Control Panel/Mail to use Lotus cc:mail (should be an available option), you can then use Outlook objects to send cc:mail as if you were running Outlook in the first place. Worked for me, but it most probably depends on your setup (& whether you've got outlook on your machines)

[neutral]

Actually... if you are looking for VIM delveloper's kits.. you might want to check out the Lotus ftp site. They actually have a lot of old cc:Mail stuff there, and if I remember correctly they have VIM stuff too.

ftp://ftp.support.lotus.com/pub/comm/ccmail/index.html

I am trying to get Outlook to read from my internal cc:Mail post office. It will open cc:Mail folders but will generate an error requiring me to shutdown Outlook.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for all you suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back