Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VaultTracker standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosschops1

Technical User
Jul 29, 2008
GB
Guys,
We have VT standard and i would like to mark media as full after a backup job. I will then schedule a VT policy to run daily to export all media that matches the criteria of 'Full'
Can media be marked as full automatically or do i have to do this manually?

think you can do this through the VT wizard

Birky
CommVault Certified Engineer

Hi Birky,
I can set the policy criteria to export tapes that are marked as full but its how do i mark them as full. The policy doesn't have an option to do that.
I was hoping that i could set a backup job or storage policy to mark the media as full.

Cheers

You can set media to be marked as full after a backup completes however this must be set for each job and or schedule policy. If you are using scheudle policies then it is in the advanced options, open the schedule policy and then click on the data protection schedule name you want to change, click edit and then click on the job options tab, the option you are looking for is under media. If you are manually running jobs then it is in the same location but you have to set it from where you are creating the job.

The problem with doing this is that each job will use a seperate tape, this may cause you to use a lot of tapes depending on your environment.

I set my criteria to a media status of everything except aged, this allows me to export all tapes used from the previous night everyday. You could also create sepearate storage policies but you then run into using too many tapes again.

Hope this is of some help, any questions about where these settings are let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Are you wanting to export after each backup job...or aux copies?

As previous post states, you can have your job automatically mark tapes used as full when the job completes successfully.

Birky
CommVault Certified Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back