Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Varying delay answering calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwenger

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2002
US
I just installed my first Legend system and the users are complaining about unpredictable behavior when answering calls.

The system usually beeps about 1 second after you pick up the handset and then the call goes lives.

Sometimes you don't hear a beep at all and after waiting several seconds you say 'Hello' and someone is there.

Sometimes it beeps and you say hello but the call isn't live yet and you have to say hello a second time.

Is there a solution to this? Is this standard behavior for a Legend???

Thanks,

John Wenger
The Design Forum Inc.

How are calls being routed to the answering party? Are they going through an auto attendant or are they being answered live?

Sounds like the operator is using a System Access voice button to place an unsupervised transfer to an extension. Check to see which button is access during the call transfer.

Yes, the calls are being routed through an auto-attendant.

Thanks,

John

Are you using a 3rd party voice mail or an Intuity Audix or Merlin Messaging?

I am using Amanda@Workgroup-Windows for the voice mail and auto-attendant in integreted VMI mode.

Thanks,

John

I agree w/ tony2finger, it sounds like you VM is holding the line until it realizes it actually has someone, known as a supervised transfer....the legend doesn't need this b/c of it's coverage ableities....check out your vm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back