Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

varRecords = rs.GetRows()

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaCour

MIS
Jul 15, 2004
US
I am using the following syntax to populate the array.

varRecords = rs.GetRows()

GetRows does not appear to return more than 1 record ... just a 1 dimensional array. I've looped through the recordset to check that there is data there. Maybe I am not referncing my array correctly.

Should be varRecords(column, row) ... right ... not working out for me. Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong or can you supply the right structure to iterate for an array (under my circumstances)?

FYI ... I am looping through a staging table that I imported from excel (which users updated) ... I am looping through the staging table you dynamically write sql statements and upate tables in my project.

thanks in advance.
Blair

You're not specifying the number of rows you want GetRows to return. Check online help for more info.

Specifying the amount of rows that you want will bring the specified amount ... pasing no argument, (), will return all rows, which is what I am using. I've looped through the record set to ensure that all of the records are there ... they are.

I also tried:
varRecords = rs.GetRows(rs.RecordCount) which will also return all rows in the recordset.

Let me know your thoughts.

FancyPrairie

I'm stepping through the code and am getting the results I am looking for using the example, varRecords = rs.GetRows(rs.RecordCount)

I think I had a watch on the wrong variable ... I can't imagine that this wasn't working before.

Thanks
Blair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back