Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Various problems on Option 11c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasan UNAL

Programmer
Jan 29, 2019
TR
I have a site, running option 11c where I couldnt interract it with TTY-0. Both TTY-0 and TTY-1 is unavailable. I can only use TTY-2 for programming purposes, which was defined as printing "all recieving calls". I tried to change the octopus cable, but result was same. How to fix this and enable TTY-0?

The actual problem is, it cannot send these call informations readable as shown below.
But I can see loader results decently. Only loader results are readable. What would cause this?

And TTY-2's baud rate is very slow (1.200). (DB backup time is a nightmare right now) How to raise this value from TTY-2 or Wouldn't I? (For ex 9.600)

Code:
°°    °°°°                                      ŠÎ °·³ °° ³²¹´    Ô°´·€°°¹ °¸¯°
¹ ±²º±± °°º°²º°° Á ±¹°µ´¸¸¶¸²·°·Š ¦       °°°°    °°°°                         
             ŠÌ °·´ °° ³±µ±    ÁÔÔΰ±                          °¸¯°¹ ±²º±³ °°º°
°º°¸ °°°° °°°° Š                                                           ****
[COLOR=#4E9A06]// these unreadable lines which supposed to be the call informations [/color]
OVL000
>****
OVL000
>ld 20

PT0000
REQ: STAT 1
00 = UNIT 00 = IDLE            (TRK)(CO LOP )
01 = UNIT 01 = IDLE            (TRK)(CO LOP )
02 = UNIT 02 = IDLE            (TRK)(CO LOP )
03 = UNIT 03 = IDLE            (TRK)(CO LOP )
04 = UNIT 04 = UNEQ
05 = UNIT 05 = IDLE            (TRK)(CO LOP )
06 = UNIT 06 = IDLE            (TRK)(CO LOP )
07 = UNIT 07 = IDLE            (TRK)(CO LOP )
REQ: ŠÎ °·µ °° ³²¹µ    Ô°´·€°°¸ °¸¯°¹ ±²º±· °°º°°º±´ Á ±¹°µ´²¸¸°´·²µŠ ¦    
°°°°    °°°°                                      

C lover, devoted to JS, writing c#...

Nortel stuff : SCH ERROR MESSAGES: ERR ERROR MESSAGES:

Please send in a photo of the TTY cable on the Option 11c system. It should just be a single connection with 3 cables coming out of it. The older Option 11 versions had a single cable for TTY 0 and a double outlet cable for TTY 1 and TTY 2.

In most cases the default setting for TTY 2 was reserved for CDR. There is a processor on the Option 11 system that should be a SCC for the 11c versions. It has a BAUD dip switch and you can adjust the BAUD rate and I think 9600 BAUD was just before the bottom as the very bottom is set as 19200 rate.

You need to confirm if you are using a Null Modem adapter to connect to the other TTY ports. I have known TTY ports to lock up.

One way to clear them is to press the "INI" button on the CPU card. This will cause the system to do a warm start and takes around 20 seconds to complete. It just clears the memory and shouldn't cause a system reset.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

edit: I tried MAN INT button (btw it resetted the m2250 sets) and no progress on unrecognized chars :/
I did it remotely, so I was not able to test TTY-0.

BEFORE
before_epjj3v.png

AFTER
after_xvjln3.png

oh, pbx angel shows up again :)

Yes we do have SSC card, and dip switch is on 19.200 (I changed it from 9.600 but as far as I know, it is for TTY-0 right? )

We have an octopus cable which has 3 ports, and all have Null Modem adapter. (same as below)

I will try the INI button today and see if it works. Many thanks in advance :)

ntbk48aa_grmxnm.png

Since you appear to be getting some valid data and some gibberish you may have a parity mismatch.
Try changing the serial port settings in Hyperterminal. 8 bits no parity, one stop bit typically works but not all com ports or communication programs work the same.
I have found that 7 bits, even parity works better with some computers. You may have to try various settings.

It's a shame that you can't plug TTY 0 into the modem at 9600 BAUD. I recall that the pin outs were different on "0" against TTY 1 and TTY 2.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back