Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Various issues with Sage 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

argn

Technical User
Mar 10, 2005
GB
I am posting this in the hope that someone has resolved similar issues. We recently had this email sent to our managing director after being plagued with a number of issues after upgrading sage from v2009 to Sage 2010...Help!!..

We are still experiencing major problems with the new version of Sage. A new problem has been brought to my attention today regarding quotes and Sage changing the status to won on its own a few days after being raised. I have spoken to sage and again it’s not a known issue and they are suggesting it’s environment linked.

I list below the main problems with have experienced since the upgrade..

List of issues:

1. Random issue with printing, invoices, quotes returns data not found, then it continues to repeat message until you log out and log back in
2. Creating reports, picking up data from another data set i.e in UK sage, run a report and it produces European data.
3. Problem with batch updating invoices
4. Problem with invoice line items being deleted from invoices
5. Problem with quotes being automatically turned into sales order, this has happened since the data was returned to us, quote’s created then after a few days sage changes the status to won and creates a sales order

Sage are aware of all of these, mostly they have had no explanation, none of these issues are known with this current version and since our data went into them, we are still experiencing the printing issue and obviously we’ve now got a new problem. Sage continue to come back to the fact that it could be linked to the environment and have suggested it could be any one of a number of reasons..examples they are giving me listed below:

• Permissions locking of files
• Users not having full administrator access
• Another program on the server conflicting with sage and causing the issues

As far as I am aware Sage is now running on a new/different server to the one the old sage was running on.

Sage have suggested we need to test the data in a non TS environment, Ben is going to talk to Jez about this as I understand this will take some considerable man hours to implement, however I think we have got to the stage where our accounts package is being compromised.

Any thoughts feedback appreciated.

This forum is for MAS90/200 a USA product from Sage. MAS90/200 is in no way related to other Sage products in other countries. In your case I suspect you are on a UK product from Sage. I do know that Sage USA has it's own posting community, maybe Sage has a similar community for UK products where you can post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back