Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

varify database command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkaboy

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
US
Hello All:

I am calling CR XI reports from Visual Studio 2005 and I have run into a problem regarding verifying the database. The report will hang up and refuse refresh due to a change in the data table. I know this can be done manually thru CR, but want to verify with code. I am using the following code:

crReportDocument.VerifyDatabase

inserted the verify command right after the logon code and it causes errors with the report parameters I am using. Is there a better place to insert the verify statement? can't find any examples. Is anyone else using this code to verify??

Thanks

In Crystal Reports XI, under File, Report Options there is an option to "Verify on first refresh".

You could try turning this on in your report rather than trying to do it in your code.

Good point. that must be why some reports were OK with the table changes, and others weren't. I'll review all the reports for the setting and hopefully this will work from this point on.

Side note: while the updating the table is covered under the verify DB command, I have found verify does not cover the name change of the database. we went from SQL2K --> SQL2005 and I had to manually update the database name in each report, even though I had supplied the new database name in my .NET code.

Thanks for your imput!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back