Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variables not being sent to a page 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steijssen

Programmer
Mar 25, 2001
BE
Hello,

I just re-installed PHP, Apache and all, and now when I type for instance " in my browser location bar, it doesn't seem to send the id variable in this address at all. Any has any clue what's causing this, perhaps I overlooked something when re-installing everything...

Sys. specs.: PHP 4.3.4, Apache 1.3.26 (for some reason I can't get version 2 going), windows XP

Thank you.

In this code you might have to use this to get the variable from the address bar
$id = $_GET['id'];

and if the variable is posted from a form use
$id = $_POST['id'];

there is a setting that you can change to take this away, but i can't remember it right at the moment. i will check for you. hope this helps

David

David Kuhn
------------------

yep...that would be the one i was talking about...
you can either turn this off. or use the way that i described above. thanks sleipnir214

David Kuhn
------------------

Thanks guys, you're realy cool.
Hey, can I use the $_POST['id'] command even when register_globals is enabled? Isn't it a more secure way or something? Or am I just guessing here?

yes you can use it when register_globals is enabled. i use it all the time. then i never forget to check the register globals. i don't think that it's more secure, it's just a sure way that the variables are being passes through.

David Kuhn
------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back