Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable width div between two image divs

Status
Not open for further replies.

saimon65

Technical User
Jan 2, 2002
AU
I have a div at the top of the page.
Inside it, there are 3 divs.
I need to place a logo on the left and an image on the right. The middle div I want to have a varible width that grows/shrinks with window size.
My problem is, when I decrease the window size, my right image goes to the next line. I want it to stay on the right and only the middle div needs to change size. Thanks.

Unless you limit the size of the main div, which holds all other divs (this could also be min-width), the floated elements will always fall off to the next line if there is no space for them. If you have only visual desire for the images, you might try to work with background images and/or absolute positioning, which would result in what you want. But without seeing exactly what your code looks like, we cannot be of much more help.

[small]Do something about world cancer today: Comprehensive cancer control information at PACT[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back