Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable Routing - Hunt Group Status 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2006
US
I need to route a call based on the status of a hunt group (night or normal).

Call comes into AA -> determines HG Status -> routes call based on status.

My thoughts...
1 - Use Generic to get status -> Change User or Group Configuration/Get/HG Name/Service Mode (0,1 or 2)
2 - Use variable routing to route based on status found in Generic. This is where I get stuck. What type of variable would I use and what does 0,1,2 equal (Normal, night, OOS)?

Let me know if I am headed down the right track or about to have a collision!

Thanks!

Chris

the VM pro help button, on the specific tab for a generic action will tell you the answer:

Group Service Mode

0 (Out of service), 1 (in service) or 2 (night service) mode.

Or, you could just try it

GB

Straight for the VMPro client help file: 0 (Out of service), 1 (in service) or 2 (night service) mode.

Meanwhile why even do this. A group being in night service can include redirecting its calls to a different destination set by its night service fallback destination. Since 9.1 that can be just about any destination.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

why not simply have the VM Call flow determine whether or not you should be in night mode & route accordingly?

then there is no need for the Group on the system to change state

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

sizbut said:
Meanwhile why even do this. A group being in night service can include redirecting its calls to a different destination set by its night service fallback destination. Since 9.1 that can be just about any destination.

My thought exactly... that is function of putting a group into night service or setting out of service to send calls to an alternate route. I think you are overthinking this or are unclear the uses for night and oos.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

I use them as lighted switches.
Some sites want manual control of messages and call flows.
Using hg status gives more routing opportunities other than out of service and night service.
Its a rare build but you can build a series of groups to be used as triggers with out of service buttons and night service buttons to decide which aa greeting to play.
I had a request to build fifty slots for an AA greeting and the triggers worked well.
Yes that is a lot of buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back