Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable reset in a cross tab report

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofseattle

Technical User
Dec 2, 2004
US
Hi All,
I have a cross tab report where we have a formula that displays a row count next to the customer in the cross tab object. The crosstab report is currently grouped by customer code.
I need to figure out how to reset the row count on the change of the group.
I tried creating variable formulas to do the accumulation, reset and display. After the formulas were created however, they aren't showing in the report list. So, can I used variable reset formuals in a cross tab report? If not, any advise as to how to get these counters to reset in the crosstab after the group changes?

Thanks in advance

Can you add a test to top of your formula something like

If Not onfirstrecord and CutomerID <> Previous(customer) then yourvar:=0 else yourvar:=YOurvar

onfirstrecord is a crystal function and should turn blue

Ian

So the formula you want to reset is a field used as a row field within the crosstab object? What is the content of the formula? Please also identify the row and column fields by name.

-LB

Create a reset formula in the main report formula workshop and place it in the group header. You can suppress it.

whileprintingrecords;
numbervar e := 0;

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back