Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Variable Filtering Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcollier83

Programmer
Jan 10, 2012
US
I have a report in which I created a WHERE clause for a flag column (contains a 1 if true, 0 if false). The flag value is generated in the master file using the following logic:

DEFINE DISABLED/A20=IF NSACCOUNTLOCK EQ 'true' THEN '1' ELSE '0'; $

The WHERE clause in my FEX is as follows:

( AD_HOC.ROOT.DISABLED EQ &DISABLED )

When I run my report, I'm prompted to enter a value for &DISABLED. No matter what value I enter, both 1's and 0's appear in the DISABLED field of my report. Am I doing something wrong?

For further detail into my setup, I have two different master files that pull in the same fields. In my FEX, I'm combining their output using MORE. Originally I had 9 flag fields and using AND statements in my WHERE clause, attempted to filter based on selection criteria from the user. After it failed to work I pared it down to just one, and am having the same issue.

jcollier3

It has been a long time since I worked with FOCUS, but I see a couple of items you might want to change...

The field/flag: DISABLED is defined as A20 - if it is only going to be a 0 or 1, define it as A01 or Numeric.

Also the variable &DISABLED - you might try changing the variable to a global variable: &&DISABLED - note double ampersand.

Hope that helps.

jcollier3,

Also DISABLED might be a reserved word (need to check this).

DEFINE FILE <FILENAME> CLEAR
DIS_FLAG /I1 = IF ((UPCASE(NSACCOUNTLOCK) EQ 'TRUE') THEN 1 ELSE IF ((UPCASE(NSACCOUNTLOCK) EQ 'FALSE') THEN 0
ELSE 2;
END

TABLE FILE <FILENAME>

WHERE (DIS_FLAG EQ '&DIS_FLAG')
END

With this you can either get the program to ask you for the prompt or you can set a -DEFAULT for &DIS_FLAG set to 2 as default and the program that you get to run this will pick all records, unless you provide a variable when running the fex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back