Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Van billing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDIEDIEDI

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2010
US
Could someone tell me if it is standard industry practice for a VAN to double-dip the billing on a single transaction.

They do not provide any translation or other service other than sending/receiving the transactions.

I found out that our VAN (Kleinschmidt) is billing us twice on a single outbound 850 transaction. They bill us when we send the transaction to the VAN and then again to send the transaction to the trading partner.
On the inbound side it's the same. They bill us to receive the file in our mailbox and then bill us again to come get it.

Is this typical?

Does anyone have Kleinschmidt? Do you get billed this way?

Typically a VAN would not bill to send the T-set to the trading partner, however this is sometimes the case if the Trading Partner does not pay any VAN fees, or goes through something other than a VAN, such as AS2.

It is customary for the Sender to pay for sending and Receiver to pay for receiving. I would say it's one of two issues,

1) You have it setup to pay for both ways, or,
2) Your partner does not wish to pay their part.

I suggest reviewing with the VAN in question and then possibly the Trading Partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back