Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ValueExp for a SummaryGraph Bar graph in actuate 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chonnad

Technical User
Dec 25, 2002
IN
Hi,
I want the ValueExp to have different values depending on certain conditions. How should this be done. I tried using select case in the expression builder, but it says the expression is not correct. Please help.

Regards,
Srikant.

Have you considered creating an additional variable on the datarow, and then in the datarow's OnRead method populating this variable according to your criteria (such as using the Select Case here)? You can then use this variable as your chart's input.

Bill

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the response. I figured out an alternate way. I over-rode the AggregateCell method in which based on the parameter value I took different values from the row.

Thanks,
Srikant.

Hi Srikant (Chonnad),

I believe I have a similar issue as you did with needing the ValueExp to have different values depending upon certain conditions. Can you show me/send me what you did when you overrode the AggregateCell method?

Thanks!
Nillagirl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back