Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Value List + Calculations Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magistrate2020

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2005
IT
I'm working on an invoice project, I got three different tax codes:

• IVA 20% (That applies 20% tax rate)
• Art.15 (No tax applied)
• Art.4 (No tax applied)

I made a text field with a popup list with the value list including the 3 choices and I instructed the field to be a calculation with this formula:

If(IVA %= "20%"; 2; 0 )

So, in theory if FMP spots "20%" as a chosen value should consider the value 20%, otherwise (in the other 2 cases) should consider it zero.

But it doesn't.

In another field where it should calcolate JUST the value of 20% taxes with this formula:

(Importo[1] / 100 * IVA %[1])+(Importo[2] / 100 * IVA %[2])+(Importo[3] / 100 * IVA %[3])+(Importo[4] / 100 * IVA %[4])+(Importo[5] / 100 * IVA %[5])+(Importo[6] / 100 * IVA %[6])+(Importo[7] / 100 * IVA %[7])+(Importo[8] / 100 * IVA %[8])+(Importo[9] / 100 * IVA %[9])+(Importo[10] / 100 * IVA %[10])

(Where "Importo" is the result of "quantity * price"

it doesn't function.

Any suggestions?

Magistrate,

It's kind of tough to figure out what your trying to do but you might consider this for your IF statement:

If (PatternCount(IVA %; "20%") = 1; 2; 0)

-Striker

This is off-topic but does anyone know if there is a way to edit one's response once its been posted?

It never fails that as soon as I hit SUBMIT POST I notice an error. In my last post I put "your" when I should have used "you're".

-Striker

>>@ -Striker

It never fails that as soon as I hit SUBMIT POST I notice an error. In my last post I put "your" when I should have used "you're".

Welcome to the club....

...if you find a way...let me know...

The only thing to do is go via Preview Post, but even after that I also find errors 'after' submitting....

cnat you poeple spel? I NEVER hve a prolbm with my psots!

(OK, OK, me too!)

--------------------------------
Jeff Duck
FileMaker 7 Certified Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back