Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VALUATION REPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southerndiva

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2002
TT
Any help would be appreciated. my client ran a valuation report which produced inter alia many items with zero quantiteis yet with extended costs. she has asked me to clean up this,but i don't have a clue where to begin. the costing method is average cost. i am thinking of using cost adj, but what do i apply these against.

thanks in advance

I have found the Valuation Report in Platinum for Windows 4.6 to be very unstable and unreliable. Aside from the issues you have been experiencing wherein items with zero inventory quantities still have extended costs, I also experience times wherein items with non-zero inventory quantities have ridiculous extended costs.

I have further found out that INTXSM, the source of the Valuation Report is not properly updated. Thus, my only resolution at that point was to reprogram a new Valuation Report using INTXCT.

We have had similar troubles. The fix actually involves INTXDH, INTXCT, INTXSM, and INLOC. We wrestled with this for quite awhile. At the moment, we are testing 3rd party software to balance the 4 tables at regular intervals.

Could you give me more details on this 3rd party software you are using? I would like to finally resolve this IN issue once and for all.
Actually, the issue is quite more complicated with me since I also use PFW GL also. The GL module extracts the cost of goods sold of the items. Unfortunately, the cost of goods sold of the items are not correct since the four files you mentioned, INTXDH, INTXCT, INTXSM, and INLOC do not match.

Sadly, this won't solve it once and for all as long as you are using the current version of PFW. This apparently will help with the maintenance on the 4 tables. (Which will need to be done at regular intervals). We are still testing, but the results look quite promising. You might find the needed inventory help by visiting maynardsoft.com.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Would just like to clarify, what version of PFW were you using in which you experienced the IN problems? I myself am using PFW v. 4.6a - actually issues do not come out when doing small tests, but they do occur during production/live-site when it involves large quantities of data already.

Will the software at maynardsoft.com work for PFW version 4.6a?

Thanks for your response

We are on PFW 4.8. On test environment was a full copy of all our data on a stand-alone machine. We have only tested their software against 4.8, but the manual includes discussions of 4.6 and 5.0. So far we have been very pleased with the results and will go against live data in a few weeks.

I'd like to hear about how you resolve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back