Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

validations controls working server side but client side failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITking2009

Programmer
Aug 4, 2009
US
Hi,
I am having a strange issue. I have couple of text boxes for which i have required field validators. I have a button to submit and this is supposed to cause validations.
The issue i am seeing is that these validations are not happening on the client side but on the server side for the first submit. For later submit clicks its happening on the client side too...

Don't know where to start debugging this issue. any leads or suggestions are appreciated.

Also, the button used for submit is on page load enabeled="false" and using javascript its enabled using a radio button...do you guys think this might be causing this issue.

Hi,
after the post i tested with the button enabled and the validations started working.
The enabling and disenabling of the button using radio button is requred for this project so was wondering if anyone knew whats going on and how to have the client side validations working with this or another way of enabling and disenabling the button without using javascript.
Thanks.

I am thoroughly confused by your post. Since you posted no code, what server-side validation is working?
Are you using the 2.0 framework or newer? If so, check your validationgroup property on the controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back