Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

validation

Status
Not open for further replies.

unreal1969

Programmer
Dec 7, 2003
CA
Hi ther I'm trying to validate some text boxes according to state of checkboxes.

So of the start all text boxes start off as disabled now if a checkbox is clicked then the textbox is enabled and a value must be entered. On form submit I need to valiadte that at least one checkbox is clicked and the corresponding textbox has a value. But I'm having a litle bit of a hard time with this, can anybody help me.
I keep getting this error "'checked' is null or not an object"

here is my code

function checkWholeForm( frm )
{
var anyChecked = false;
theCount = parseInt( frm.count.value )
for ( var i = 0; i <= theCount; ++i )
{
var cb = frm.elements[&quot;enbl_&quot; + i];
if (cb.checked)
{
anyChecked = true;
var py = frm.elements[&quot;payamount_&quot; + i];
var amt = parseFloat( py.value );
if ( py.value == &quot;&quot; || isNaN(amt) )
{
alert(&quot;You didn't enter a valid payment amount in one of your clients&quot;);
return false;
}
}
}
if ( ! anyChecked )
{
alert(&quot;You must check at least one of the boxes.&quot;);
}
return anyChecked;
}

<form action&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; name=&quot;payment&quot; onSubmit=&quot;return checkWholeForm(this);&quot;>

<%for cnum = 0 to ubound(Arr_Clients,2)

<tr bgcolor=&quot;<%=bgcolor%>&quot;>
<td align=&quot;center&quot;><p class=&quot;medtext&quot;><%=Arr_Clients(2,cnum)%></p></td>
<td align=&quot;center&quot;><p class=&quot;medtext&quot;><%=Arr_Clients(3,cnum)%></p></td>
<td align=&quot;center&quot;><p class=&quot;medtext&quot;><%=Arr_Clients(11,cnum)%></p></td>
<td align=&quot;center&quot;><p class=&quot;medtext&quot;><%=Arr_Clients(12,cnum)%></p></td>
<td align=&quot;center&quot;><p class=&quot;medtext&quot;><%=Arr_Clients(13,cnum)%></p></td>
<td align=&quot;center&quot;><input name=&quot;enbl_<%=cnum%>&quot; onClick=&quot;enable(this,<%=cnum%>);&quot; type=&quot;checkbox&quot; > </td>
<td align=&quot;center&quot;><input name=&quot;payamount_<%=cnum%>&quot; readonly onBlur=&quot;calc(this.value);&quot; type=&quot;text&quot; size=&quot;8&quot; ></td>
</tr>
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; value=&quot;<%=Arr_Clients(0,cnum)%>&quot; name=&quot;userid&quot;>

<%next%>

<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; value=&quot;<%=cnum%>&quot; name=&quot;count&quot;>

</form>

Try
Code:
if(cb.type==&quot;checkbox&quot; && cb.checked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back