Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Validation with components

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt8941

Programmer
Dec 9, 2003
US
I currently have a page in an app where I need to show a form which has multiple rows which can be updated and multiple columns in the row which can be updated as well. I have a method "display" which shows the page, and the display component invokes the "showForm" method which outputs the form and the data. When the user submits the form, I call another method "validateData". If the data is correct, then I redisplay the page, if there is a validation error, then I pass the error to the "display" method, which shows the error and then the form...

The problem I am having is keeping the invalid form data when there is a validation error. Currently in the form I am using a cfoutput to display the data, and am wondering if there is a way to keep the form values (I can look at the debugger and know the invalid values exist) after leaving the form and not re-using the query? Thanks in advance for the wisdom...

Why not dump the data in a session variable? Use a <CFLOCK> with a batch of form vars dumping into session vars. Then you can access the data later on (or have it as a footer at the end of all your pages)

wbochar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back