Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Validation ERROR when opening *.DTSX file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixx123

Technical User
Jan 10, 2011
ZA
Hi
I have created a SSIS package which will be extracting Data through ODBC DSN connection from a Pervasive Database
The package works Fine on my windows Server 2003 (SQL 2005 /Visual Studio 2005 )

When moving the DTSX files across to another Windows VM server 2003
i get a validation error when trying to open the Files through Visual Studio 2005
Code:
(1)Error	1	Validation error. Data: DTS.Pipeline: The component metadata for "component "Data" (121)" could not be upgraded to the newer version of the component. The PerformUpgrade method failed.	CD_Adpt_Bond_Fwd.dtsx	0	0
(2)Error	2	Validation error. Footer: DTS.Pipeline: The component metadata for "component "DataReader Source" (106)" could not be upgraded to the newer version of the component. The PerformUpgrade method failed.	CD_Adpt_Bond_Fwd.dtsx	0	0

(3)Error	3	Error loading CD_Adpt_Bond_Fwd.dtsx: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ComponentVersionMismatchException: The version of component "Data" (121) is not compatible with this version of the DataFlow.  [[The version or pipeline version or both for the specified component is higher than the current version.  This package was probably created on a new version of DTS or the component than is installed on the current PC.]]     at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostCheckAndPerformUpgrade(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, Int32 lPipelineVersion)	C:\Documents and Settings\MISAdmin\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Integration Services Project3\Integration Services Project3\CD_Adpt_Bond_Fwd.dtsx	1	1[code/]

See my reply to your other post;

Different designer versions could cause 'upgrade errors'. Make sure Visual Studio/BIDS is patched up appropriately so your development environments are the same.

Rhys

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it"
Terry Pratchett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back