Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Validating Radio Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgg

Programmer
Apr 25, 2001
BB
I am designing a form with domino Designer and I am trying to validate my radio buttons. Now I have one radio button with three options. The option selected determines what is stored in another field. I am having a little trouble doing that. I was trying to write the code in the onclick window for the radion button field but when I use the @prompt its telling me that its an illegal charter

Just to be sure I understand the issue :

you have a radio button that determines the content of another field, and you need to have the other field update correctly.

The mechanism to accomplish that is quite simple once you know it. The first step is to make your radio button field refresh the document when it changes (in Field Properties, 2nd tab, click on "Refresh fields on keyword change" option).
Once you have that, updating your other field will depend on whether or not that field is a keyword field or not. If it is, you need to make it update its choices on document refresh (same tab as before in the Properties), and design a formula that selects the options correctly.
If the other field is just another field, you need to create a Translation formula that does the job.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back