Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

validating data in a form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

112nokia

Technical User
Nov 21, 2006
YU
Hi, I am trying to validate data in a form, though the criteria is based in a record, to be more correct the last record on a different table. How can I validate data in a form, so that once the last record in a different table is updated, the validation checks the entry in the form using the latest data in the different table.
For ilustration, I have one exchange rate table which is updated once or twice a day. Than I have other table which is feeding from this form, but the form has to check the data in the exchange rate table, so that the exchange rate entered in this table remains within the range specified in the exchange rate table. Please help?

no, I do not understand how this function works, how do you select the last record?

how do you select the last record?
Which field ? in which sequence ? in which table ? with which criteria ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Hi
The FX table contains the fields EUR/USD and EUR/CHF, autonumber, and Date.

I would like to be able that in a form to validate the data using the table for the specific field [FX]![eur/usd], but the data in the FX table has to be the last data that the form will use for validation, ie the bottom record at the table. Conclusively the criteria in the form will be to match the number entered at the last record on the field [FX]![eur/usd], if the data entered on the form and the last record on the [FX]![eur/usd] do not match than an error message should be displayed. I would appreciate if you could help me figure this out, than I can play with establishing ranges. Many thanks in advance

A starting point:
DLookUp("[eur/usd]", "FX", "[Date]=#" & DMax("[Date]", "FX") & "#")

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back