Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

validating a web connection before sending e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkernen

Programmer
Mar 2, 2001
US
I have an internal system that is updated to our remote field users when they do a daily WebConnect to our server. The system resides on their laptop hard drives. I want to include MAILTO links from our system that will automatically launch Lotus Notes (our corporate e-mail system) with the TO line filled in. This much I know how to do. The problem is that our remotes users are not always online. They have to manually connect when it's convenient for them.
I need some code that will generate a message when they click a MAILTO link that warns them they must be WebConnected to send the e-mail with an OK and Cancel button.
I've searched 100s of Javascript sites and forums and cannot find anything like this. It seems so simple, but I am not an experienced programmer so am not really good at modifying code that may be similar.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thx!

may be u shuld just try 2 download smth from the existing host & check the time of downloading; & if it wuld be 2 long then u can say that there is no connection or that it is xtremelly slow..

but i'm afraid that u wuld recieve a warning (smth like if u wuld just lunch ur mailto w/o some checking) this way regards, vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back